- Bengaluru: The government boys high school located in Stone Building College in Malleshwaram, will become the first government high school in the country to develop a satellite, said Karnataka deputy chief minister Dr CN Ashwath Narayan on Thursday.
- The students of the school will be involved in a programme of developing 75 satellites as part of the 75th Independence Day celebrations which will be held next year, Narayana said in a statement.
- “Usually, engineering college students are involved in such projects. Now, this is going to be achieved in a government high school by taking the help of the Indian Technological Congress Association and ISRO,” read a statement from Narayana’s office.
- Designing and making of the satellite will be done at the school by involving students of a few other government schools, he added.
- “In recent days there is an increase in enrolment in some government schools. But, more than the numbers, the quality of teaching-learning is more important. Government educational institutions should compete with private institutions in terms of providing quality education,” Narayana said in his statement.
Source : hindustantimes.com