The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is India’s Central Banking Institution, which controls the monetary policy of the Indian rupee.
- Started: 1 April 1935 under RBI Act 1934
- Nationalized: 1 January 1949
- India Govt. is the biggest borrower of RBI.
- It was established on recommendation of Hilton Young Commission.
- It is statutory body and its accounting year is from July to June.
Shaktikanta Das has become 25th governor of Reserve Bank Of India(RBI) from December 2018.
GOVERNORS OF RBI TILL NOW (2018)
C.D. Deshmukh was the first Indian Governor. The Bank’s 15th governor, Manmohan Singh, would go on to become India’s 13th Prime Minister.